How to use Repair Archive
If your ZIP file is corrupted, this feature may repair uncorrupted data of the file as much as possible.
- This feature is only available on the Paid Edition of Bandizip.
» Buy Now
- This feature only supports a file in ZIP format. Files in the other formats are not supported.
- This feature does not guarantee that it may repair all types of corruption.
- This feature repairs a file’s header corruption. It is unable to repair corruption of the data itself.
How to use the feature
- Click Tools > Repair Archive….
- Click “…” to browse and select a ZIP file to repair, then click “Start Repair.”
Bandizip retrieves uncorrupted data from the corrupted file and collects them into “(filename).repair.zip.”
- Open the repaired ZIP file with Bandizip.
This feature analyzes not only a file’s header corruption but also all data repairable in the file; it may take a considerable amount of time to repair your archive.